In February 2021, building immediately upon the success of the quarterly virtual Advanced Practice Provider (APRN & PA) Leadership Mini-Conferences, APPex developed and expanded additional virtual/online events. Monthly conferences are one (1) full day sessions that maintain the same scheduling and format as the mini-conferences, being held on the first Fridays of most months, from 10AM – 6PM ET, and are accessible remotely. Along with an annual conference (summit) and three quarterly mini-conferences, there are at least eight (8) monthly conferences each year in January, February, April, May, July, August, October, and November.
While the annual conference (summit) and the mini-conferences focus on leadership and administrative topics in advanced practice for APRNs & PAs, monthly conferences are different. They offer a wide range of clinically-related content that medical providers in a host of medical specialties and sub-specialties would find necessary for foundational training and valuable for ongoing professional development.
Each monthly conference features a partnering/co-hosting academic medical center or hospital, or, a professional membership group related to one or more of the advanced practice roles. Its leaders and staff help select topics, chose speakers, and shape the agenda. All presentations are prepared and delivered by advanced practice providers (APRNs & PAs).
In May 2021, Seattle Children’s Hospital became the inaugural organization to kick off the monthly conference series.
Benefits to Attendance
- Engage with subject matter experts who are advanced practice providers: PAs, NPs, CRNAs, CNMs, CNSs
- Keep up to date on new developments, trends, and best practices in an array of medical specialties
- Acquire new knowledge and insights that promote high quality care and enhance the overall patient experience
- Earn 6.5 CE/CME credit hours toward license or board certification renewal
- Maintain your commitment to evidence-based practice and lifelong learning
- Access to all conference materials: presentation videos, slide decks, and speaker bios/photos
Who Should Attend?
Advanced Practice Providers (APPs):
- Physician Assistants (PAs)
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
- Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
- Nurse Midwives (CNMs)
- Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs)
- Physicians (MDs/DOs)
- Nurses (RNs)
- Other clinicians seeking continuing education in a variety of clinical topics and medical specialties