In January 2020, APPex established the first and only honorary recognition that formally acknowledges the accomplishments of APRN/PA expert administrators and leaders specifically involved with advanced practice. Fellows of APPex are selected based on outstanding contributions to advanced practice administration.
- APPex member in good standard for three (3) or more years
- Three (3) or more years of formal experience in advanced practice administration
- Manager level or above (e.g., manager, director, vice president, etc.)
- Sponsor who is an APPex Board member or current honorary fellow
- Letter of recommendation
- Three (3) exemplars of performance improvement in advanced practice (1,000 words or less)
- Evidence of significant contributions to advanced practice administration (e.g., publications, presentations, posters, etc.)
- Presentation at an APPex national conference (September)
- 30 contact hours of leadership training (within three (3) years)
- Two (2) additional letters of recommendation from clinical administrators
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Upon submission of application and materials, the Board of Advisors will review and assess the applicant’s/nominee’s portfolio and provide a determination of selection.
Applications are accepted on a rolling, ongoing basis.
Fellows of APPex will be honored and recognized annually at the national conference in September.
After this recognition ceremony, Fellows may begin using the FAPPex credential.
Renewal is required every three (3) years.